This course covers diggers/excavators ranging from 1.5T – 20T in separate categories, either 360 or 180 degrees. Certification is through various accredited bodies - National Plant Operators Registration Scheme, BRITTOp or Lantra. Training in the use of a Dumper is often incorporated into this course.
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of excavators & the main causes of accidents
- The function of the main components, controls & their usage
- Stability of the machine
- Carry out pre operation & daily checks
- Driving the excavator over varying terrain; forward & reverse including width restrictions
- The use of attachments
- Excavations Loading dumper or similar with spoil
- Spoil heaps, backfilled excavations
- Loading & unloading procedures when moving sites
- End of shift checks
- 1 - 5 days dependent on experience levels.