This course covers Dumpers of various sizes which fall into categories of under 7.5T and over 7.5 T. Training is often taken in conjunction with Diggers/Excavators. Certification is through the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme.
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of dumpers & the main causes of accidents
- The function of the main components, controls & their usage
- Carry out pre operation & daily checks
- Driving the dumper over varying terrain including width restrictions & confined areas
- Driving: forward & reverse, laden & unladen
- Driving on slopes including hill starts in forward & reverse
- Working with excavators
- Spoil heaps, backfilled excavations
- Loading & unloading procedures when moving sites
- End of shift checks
- 1 – 5 days dependent on experience levels.