Hand held hedge trimmers are an effective mobile hand held piece of equipment. Due to the mobility of the hedge trimmer it is important that it’s used correctly. This course will update your skills to satisfy health and safety regulations.
- Understand legislation, health and safety, and risk assessment relating to hand held hedge trimmers.
- Choose machine type/suitability for work to be undertaken.
- Identify and maintain personal protective equipment (PPE) for hedge trimmer use an operation.
- Identify key controls and functions.
- Prepare hedge trimmer for operation.
- Carry out routine maintenance.
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Awareness of working at heights.
- Environmental considerations.
- Discuss hedge types and finishes.
- Dispose of arisings.
- Store and transport hand held hedge trimmers.
- 1 day with Lantra Certification