This course is designed to meet the legal requirements to train all staff who use ladders, by providing guidance on safe working practices, pre-use routine maintenance checks and the correct methods for pitching and using ladders or step ladders.
- Accident Statistics and Causes
- Common Hazards
- Pre-Checks of Equipment and Environment
- Where Not to Position Ladders
- Leaning Ladders
- Safe Ladder Angle
- The 1 in 4 Rule
- Safe Use of All Types of Ladder
- Securing Methods
- Practical on Own Equipment
- 2 hour course with Attendance Certificate. This course can be combined with Working at Heights to make a 1 day course.