The course is aimed at providing candidates with a good understanding of the risks associated with manual handling and the management of their application in the work place. It will enable delegates to
- Identify any manual handling operations, which require elimination by the provision of mechanical handling.
- Assess the risk in remaining manual handling operations by the application of “guideline” figures.
- Manage/supervise manual handling operations within the requirements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations.
- The elimination of manual handling
- Assessment of risk
- Reduction of risk
- The application of guideline figures
- Identification of major manual handling risk areas
- The need for mechanical handling
- Residual risk reduction techniques
- A practical assessment of a specific operation
- Monitoring and control
- 1/2 day
On completion of the course, trainees will have the knowledge to avoid injury to themselves and others, and will be given a certificate of attendance.