This one day course is a must for all those employed in agriculture or commercial horticulture who are involved in the storage, handling and application of pesticides.
This course leads to the NPTC assessment PA 1 foundation assessment and is a pre request for any application module.
- Identify those key aspects of legislation which apply to the use of pesticides.
- Identify the precautions necessary to use a product safely.
- Identify, select and understand the maintenance and storage of the correct personal protective equipment for use with a particular product as determined by a label and/or COSHH risk assessment.
- Understand the correct procedures for the storage of pesticides and for the disposal of empty pesticide containers, surplus pesticide and washings.
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to prevent personal contamination.
- Follow the appropriate procedures for dealing with accidental contamination both personal and environmental.
- Understand the situations where pesticide application may pose a risk to people or the environment.
- Understand the records that must be kept.
This module is assessed by multiple choice questioning once the training day has been completed.
Those who are registered with the NRoSO and/or BASIS can claim points (NRoSO = 12 points,BASIS = 12 points)