There is a wide range of legislation which impacts on the use and disposal of veterinary medicines. As an employer or self employed person you are required to know these requirements.
- Comply with current, relevant health and safety legislation
- Follow an animal health management plan
- Administer a range of veterinary medicine types, safely and humanely
- Store and transport veterinary medicines correctly
- Maintain the health of user, public and animals
- Dispose of unwanted veterinary medicines safely
- Record the use of veterinary medicines
- Prevent unnecessary pain and unnecessary distress to the animals
- Identify signs of health and ill-health in animals
- 1 day
This course offers training towards the NPTC Certificate of Competence for users and supervisors of veterinary medicines.