From January 2008, drivers (and attendants) transporting livestock (including horses, poultry and game birds) in connection with an economic activity by road over 40 miles must hold a certificate of competence.
- Animal welfare and who is responsible?
- What are the qualities of an effective stock person?
- Unfit animals
- Rest, food and water
- Planning for the unexpected
- Stock densities
- Handling and animal welfare
- Vehicle construction and inspection
- Review of legislation
- 1/2 day course for experience hauliers
A Lantra Multiple Choice Test will end the session to enable the trainee to gain the certificate of competence.